• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Today is China's National Day and the start of a week long public holiday accompanied by ludicrous propaganda, so everything has ground to a halt. But I knew it was coming, so I stocked up and am in hiding.

Tonight, gave a duck breast a nice massage with toasted Sichuan peppercorns, chili flakes and sea salt and left it to think about that for about an hour. Then slowly pan fried it to pink while the rice cooked. Finished off with some garlic fried mushrooms - the first of the button mushroom season. And my spicy mango relish.

dinner.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

Today is China's National Day and the start of a week long public holiday accompanied by ludicrous propaganda, so everything has ground to a halt. But I knew it was coming, so I stocked up and am in hiding.

Tonight, gave a duck breast a nice massage with toasted Sichuan peppercorns, chili flakes and sea salt and left it to think about that for about an hour. Then slowly pan fried it to pink while the rice cooked. Finished off with some garlic fried mushrooms - the first of the button mushroom season.

dinner.jpg