• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

Once again, I nicked some sage and rosemary from the pool area.

IMG_0099.JPG

The rains yesterday and last night has the rosemary in blossom, which I think helps the flavor.

IMG_0098.JPG

I stemmed the rosemary and sage and infused some olive oil with them and some crushed garlic at a low simmer, then cooled, added some

red wine and thinly sliced onions, a little salt and some dried oregano.

IMG_0103.JPG

Put half a chicken in for an overnight rest, turning whenever I remembered to.

IMG_0104.JPG

Traveling market day was today in Greve and we hoped to score some fresh porcini for our last dinner here, which we did.

IMG_0116.JPG

Cut and  prepped.

IMG_0140.JPG

Time for the bottom line: chicken cooked on the grill, had great flavor, but was as tough as a pair of sandals. More research is needed here. The porcini, however, were absolutely excellent.

Better than I remember. I brought some dry porcini home with me on the last trip and, while good, it is no comparison to the real, fresh thing.IMG_0141.JPG

I hope to get more fresh porcini in Florence. It is amazing that this tough looking fungi makes such a transformation into the most delicate indulgence in a matter

of minutes in the pan.

HC

IMG_0142.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

IMG_0099.JPG

The rains yesterday and last night has the rosemary in blossom, which I think helps the flavor.

IMG_0098.JPG

I stemmed the rosemary and sage and infused some olive oil with them and some crushed garlic at a low simmer, then cooled, added some

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

Traveling market day was today in Greve and we hoped to score some fresh porcini for our last dinner here, which we did.

IMG_0116.JPG

Cut and  prepped.

IMG_0140.JPG

Time for the bottom line: chicken cooked on the grill, had great flavor, but was as tough as a pair of sandals. More research is needed here. The porcini, however, were absolutely excellent.

Better than I remember. I brought some dry porcini home with me on the last trip and, while good, it is no comparison to the real, fresh thing.IMG_0141.JPG

I hope to get more fresh porcini in Florence. It is amazing that this tough looking fungi makes such a transformation into the most delicate indulgence in a matter

of minutes in the pan.

HC

IMG_0142.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

I stemmed the rosemary and took the leaves off the sage and infused some olive oil with them and some crushed garlic at a low simmer, then cooled, added some

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

Traveling market day was today and we hoped to score some fresh porcini for our last dinner here, which we did.

IMG_0116.JPG

Cut and  prepped.

IMG_0140.JPG

of minutes in the pan.

HC

IMG_0142.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

I stemmed the rosemary and took the leaves off the sage and infused some olive oil with them and some crushed garlic at a low simmer, then cooled, added some

IMG_0103.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

Traveling market day was today and we hoped to score some fresh porcini for our last dinner here, which we did.

IMG_0116.JPG

Cut and  prepped.

IMG_0140.JPG

I hope to get more fresh porcini in Florence. It is amazing that such a tough looking fungi makes such a transformation into the most delicate indulgence in a matter

of minutes in the pan.

HC

IMG_0142.JPG