• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

saluki

saluki

4 hours ago, Anna N said:

For a complicated recipe ( not likely to be found in this book)  I will take a screenshot of the relevant pages and then either print them out or just refer to them as photographs.  You can also save recipes from a Kindle book using this method and store them in Evernote or elsewhere.   You are likely aware of all this.

Actually, I was't aware.  I'm a smartphone illiterate.  I think you've just made several of my Kindle cookbooks usable :)

I don't need to see the whole recipe on one page but, I would prefer to see all the ingredients listed on the same page and instructions on the next...... The other reason I was thinking I'd be happier with the print version is because the kindle repeatedly shuts off while cooking from the recipes....very frustrating

Palo..   Most of my Kindle cookbooks have location numbers instead.  I'm at a loss to see how they correlate to anything.   I just swipe my finger forward or back till I get to what I'm hunting for.  I did notice the Bruce Weinstein Kindle book has  page numbers.  

If it goes back to three dollars I'll order the Kindle version otherwise I'll probably opt for the print version of Instant Pot Obsession..

saluki

saluki

3 hours ago, Anna N said:

For a complicated recipe ( not likely to be found in this book)  I will take a screenshot of the relevant pages and then either print them out or just refer to them as photographs.  You can also save recipes from a Kindle book using this method and store them in Evernote or elsewhere.   You are likely aware of all this.

Actually, I was't aware.  I'm a smartphone illiterate.  I think you've just made several of my Kindle cookbooks usable :)

I don't need to see the whole recipe on one page but, I would prefer to see all the ingredients listed on the same page and instructions on the next...... The other reason I was thinking I'd be happier with the print version is because the kindle repeatedly shuts off while cooking from the recipes....very frustrating

Palo..   Most of my Kindle cookbooks have location numbers instead.  I'm at a loss to see how they correlate to anything.   I just swipe my finger forward or back till I get to what I'm hunting for.  I did notice the Bruce Weinstein Kindle book has  page numbers.  

If it goes back to three dollars I'll order the Kindle version otherwise I'll probably opt for the print version.