• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

This is the recipe I have been using for several years.  For the bigger machine I doubled the recipe.  (Oster)

After the three kneading cycles I pull the dough out, cut off about one-third which goes into an oiled plastic bag and into the fridge.

I sort of reshape the remaining dough and after removing the paddles, slap it back into the machine for the final rise and bake.

The original recipe works fine in a 2-pound machine - I have several machine and use the smaller one occasionally.

I looked up my notes and for the regular sized loaf, I used 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour and 1 cup of bread flour.  

I used TWO rounded teaspoons of yeast.  2 rounded teaspoons of vital wheat gluten and 2 rounded tablespoons of whole milk powder - You can order it from King Arthur but if you have a market that carries Hispanic foods, they carry a product called "Nido" which is whole milk powder.  The regular supermarkets around here don't carry it but the Mexican supermarket does.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/100-whole-wheat-bread-for-the-bread-machine-recipe

andiesenji

andiesenji

This is the recipe I have been using for several years.  For the bigger machine I doubled the recipe.  (Oster)

After the three kneading cycles I pull the dough out, cut off about one-third which goes into an oiled plastic bag and into the fridge.

I sort of reshape the remaining dough and after removing the paddles, slap it back into the machine for the final rise and bake.

The original recipe works fine in a 2-pound machine - I have several machine and use the smaller one occasionally.

I looked up my notes and for the regular sized loaf, I used 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour and 1 cup of bread flour.  

I used TWO rounded teaspoons of yeast.  

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/100-whole-wheat-bread-for-the-bread-machine-recipe