• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

22 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

On image No. 2:  I know you are very capsaicin tolerant, but for the love of Pete! If they are anything like the ones the boyfriend grew in our garden, be advised that even he only used them for too-much-testosterone-fueled dares to his buddies to "just eat one". Only a sadist could be amused at the aftermath of a grown man's reaction to one of these tiny raw peppers.

I know. I've had them before. And grown them, although I bought these ones. As with a number of the hotter chillies, they are usually used in dishes, but not actually eaten. The flavour gets to the dish, but any ridiculous over-hot effect is somewhat diminished.

liuzhou

liuzhou

3 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

On image No. 2:  I know you are very capsaicin tolerant, but for the love of Pete! If they are anything like the ones the boyfriend grew in our garden, be advised that even he only used them for too-much-testosterone-fueled dares to his buddies to "just eat one". Only a sadist could be amused at the aftermath of a grown man's reaction to one of these tiny raw peppers.

I know. I've had them before. And grown them, although I bought these ones. As with a number of the hotter chillies, they are usually used in dishes, but not actually eaten. The flavour gets to the dish, but over-hot effect is somewhat diminished.