• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

OK, here goes. I really need to use up some fresh produce! Between farmers' markets and the CSA box, I am drowning in fruits and veggies. I'm cheating a bit by combining some foods to create a ten-item list. OK, I can't even stick to that, sorry! :$ 

Fruit - blueberries, cherries, raspberries, peaches

onions with greens

cabbage

kohlrabi

red carrots 

lettuce - romaine + leaf

sugar peas

green beans

tomatoes 

new potatoes

cucumbers

cottage cheese, ricotta, water buffalo yogurt

Ribs -  either country-style pork ribs or beef short ribs

chicken wings

various pantry items like garbanzo beans, rice, panko crumbs, nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, pecans) 

Edited to add: This would probably be for tomorrow's dinner as tonight's is already committed. I have an Instant Pot (pressure cooker + slow cooker) and also the Cuisinart steam-convection oven. Also a BBQ. Would prefer not to have to use a big oven, but will consider anything! Also, I'm not in Tucson right now, need to update my location in my profile. 

FauxPas

FauxPas

OK, here goes. I really need to use up some fresh produce! Between farmers' markets and the CSA box, I am drowning in fruits and veggies. I'm cheating a bit by combining some foods to create a ten-item list. OK, I can't even stick to that, sorry! :$ 

Fruit - blueberries, cherries, raspberries, peaches

onions with greens

cabbage

kohlrabi

red carrots 

lettuce - romaine + leaf

sugar peas

green beans

tomatoes 

new potatoes

cucumbers

cottage cheese, ricotta, water buffalo yogurt

Ribs -  either country-style pork ribs or beef short ribs

chicken wings

various pantry items like garbanzo beans, rice, panko crumbs, nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, pecans)