• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I picked up this still twitching, very fresh sea bass  this morning. Quite a small one, but then it's only for me.

seabass.jpg

After battling briefly, but decisively with the vendor to prevent her inappropriately preparing this fish in the only way she knows how - to steam it Cantonese style - I managed to escape with it intact and unmolested. Back home, later, I de-scaled it, cleaned it, filleted it, pin-boned it etc in a manner which would amaze aforementioned vendor. The head, spine, tail etc are in the freezer for something later.

fillets.jpg

After suitably seasoning the fish I pan fried it very briefly and served it with couscous and a mango/ lychee / red onion / mint / chilli salsa-ish medley.

dinner.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

I picked up this still twitching, very fresh sea bass  this morning. Quite a small one, but then it's only for me.

seabass.jpg

After battling briefly, but decisively with the vendor to prevent her preparing this fish in the only way she knows how - to steam it Cantonese style - I managed to escape with it intact and unmolested. Back home, later, I de-scaled it, cleaned it, filleted it, pin-boned it etc in a manner which would amaze aforementioned vendor. The head, spine, tail etc are in the freezer for something later.

fillets.jpg

I pan fried it very briefly and served it with couscous and a mango/ lychee / red onion / mint / chilli salsa-ish medley.

dinner.jpg