• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

I saw the topic...'The chocolate fairy came'...and thought: why that topic is meant for me.  It's not Valrona, but it is a new chocolate maker in Canada, just outside of Ottawa, Hummingbird Chocolate.  Yesterday was my birthday, 75 to be exact (although I'll be d*mned if I know how I got here from 23) and my sister-in-law and her husband, playing chocolate fairy, sent DH and me a package of Hummingbird chocolate bars which just blew me away.  We are starting in on the tasting with great enthusiasm.

Oh, DH's birthday is on the 25th.

Chocolate from JoAnne & Paul, June 16.JPG

Darienne

Darienne

I saw the topic...'The chocolate fairy came'...and thought: why that topic is meant for me.  It's not Valrona, but it is a new chocolate maker in Canada, just outside of Ottawa, Hummingbird Chocolate.  Yesterday was my birthday, 75 to be exact (although I'll be d*mned if I know how I got here from 23) and my sister-in-law and her husband, playing chocolate fairy, sent DH and me a package of Hummingbird chocolate bars which just blew me away.  We are starting in on the tasting with great enthusiasm.

Chocolate from JoAnne & Paul, June 16.JPG