• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MRE

MRE

I've been a member for years, follow various threads religiously, and am constantly inspired at what everyone here makes and shares, but I never seem to get around to posting myself. So, maybe it's time to start ...

Lunch today was a bit of repurposed leftovers. This is a twice cooked shredded port should that was used in a ramen I made for dinner last night (I posted it in the ramen thread) that is sweet, salty and spicy. The potato salad was made with some leftover boiled potatoes and sauteed spinach mixed with some mayo, red onion, minced sweet gherkins, a bit of dijon, and some rice vinegar. The egg was a discard that cracked while peeling to put it in the shoyu marinade also intended for the ramen. I enjoyed it all cold and didn't want to warm any of it up.

2016-07-07 Lunch.jpg

MRE

MRE

I've been a member for years, follow various threads religiously, and am constantly inspired at what everyone here makes and shares, but seem to get around to posting myself. So, maybe it's time to start ...

Lunch today was a bit of repurposed leftovers. This is a twice cooked shredded port should that was used in a ramen I made for dinner last night (I posted it in the ramen thread) that is sweet, salty and spicy. The potato salad was made with some leftover boiled potatoes and sauteed spinach mixed with some mayo, red onion, minced sweet gherkins, a bit of dijon, and some rice vinegar. The egg was a discard that cracked while peeling to put it in the shoyu marinade also intended for the ramen. I enjoyed it all cold and didn't want to warm any of it up.

2016-07-07 Lunch.jpg