• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

Hi, hi, like that dcarch!

This my tendons after they have been in salt and spices for 9 days

tendons1.JPG

I didn't scrape the excess salt and when in the KR with just water and some scallions and 1 carrot. PCooked for 1 and half hours. I had to leave, so I turned off and came back after 1 hour. They were cooked just right for me, only too salty. For who is wondering at this stage they are very gelatinous and quite tender with just some bite. 

tendons2.JPG

So, being too salty I decided to cover again with cold water, bring to a boil and let it sit for 1/2 an hour. Perfect saltiness and still nicely spiced. I could have eaten the all thing like that...my husband instead prefers them crunchier, so I put the in a terrine, pressed and in the fridge. I'm going to slice later.

Franci

Franci

This my tendons after they have been in salt and spices for 9 days

imageproxy.php?img=&key=d2a459cbdaa822cctendons1.JPG

I didn't scrape the excess salt and when in the KR with just water and some scallions and 1 carrot. PCooked for 1 and half hours. I had to leave, so I turned off and came back after 1 hour. They were cooked just right for me, only too salty. For who is wondering at this stage they are very gelatinous and quite tender with just some bite. 

tendons2.JPG

So, being too salty I decided to cover again with cold water, bring to a boil and let it sit for 1/2 an hour. Perfect saltiness and still nicely spiced. I could have eaten the all thing like that...my husband instead prefer them crunchier, so I put the in a terrine, pressed and in the fridge. I'm going to slice later.

Franci

Franci

This my tendons after they when in salt and spices for 9 days

tendons1.JPG

tendons2.JPG

So, being too salty I decided to cover again with cold water, bring to a boil and let it sit for 1/2 an hour. Perfect saltiness and still nicely spiced. I could have eaten the all thing like that...my husband instead prefer them crunchier, so I put the in a terrine, pressed and in the fridge. I'm going to slice later.