• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

huiray

huiray

On 4/22/2016 at 3:24 AM, huiray said:
On 4/22/2016 at 0:14 AM, Thanks for the Crepes said:

I think this might be the drumstick vegetable.

Yes, that's it.

Note that the leaves are also edible and used in many cuisines.  Somewhere here on eGullet I've posted a Pinoy soup I made using Moringa leaves...and the leaves are even less frequently found in these parts than the drumsticks.

On 4/22/2016 at 3:59 AM, huiray said:

Found it. Lookee here.

I was in the Castleton (Indy) Patel Brothers store today looking for green amaranth. The stuff they had was pretty sad. BUT --- they had beautiful Moringa leaves ("drumstick leaves").

DSCN9075a_800.jpg

DSCN9077a_600.jpg

Not sure yet what I'll do with them.

Maybe a Burmese or Thai soup...or a malunggay omelette...or something from the Malay or Nyonya repertoire...

huiray

huiray

Yes, that's it.

Note that the leaves are also edible and used in many cuisines.  Somewhere here on eGullet I've posted a Pinoy soup I made using Moringa leaves...and the leaves are even less frequently found in these parts than the drumsticks.

Found it. Lookee here.

I was in the Castleton (Indy) Patel Brothers store today looking for green amaranth. The stuff they had was pretty sad. BUT --- they had beautiful Moringa leaves.

DSCN9075a_800.jpg

DSCN9077a_600.jpg

Maybe a Burmese or Thai soup...or a malunggay omelette...or something from the Malay or Nyonya repertoire...

huiray

huiray

Yes, that's it.

Found it. Lookee here.

I was in the Castleton (Indy) Patel Brothers store today looking for green amaranth. The stuff they had was pretty sad. BUT --- they had beautiful Moringa leaves.

DSCN9075a_800.jpg

DSCN9077a_600.jpg

Maybe a Burmese or Thai soup...or a malunggay omelette...

huiray

huiray

Yes, that's it.

Found it. Lookee here.

DSCN9075a_800.jpg

DSCN9077a_600.jpg