• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Alex

Alex

17 minutes ago, DiggingDogFarm said:

Today's price-shocker at Wegmans, Elmira, NY

Wegmans Veggie Noodles (spiralized zucchini and yellow squash)....a jaw-dropping $6.99 per lb!!!!! :blink:

I'm shocked that there are folks who will buy it!!!

Insanity!!!

Yeah, but those free-range, pastured vegetables are expensive. I mean, they roam far and wide and don't take kindly to being herded. it takes several farmhands all day to wrangle enough for just one day's worth of noodle production.

Alex

Alex

15 minutes ago, DiggingDogFarm said:

Today's price-shocker at Wegmans, Elmira, NY

Wegmans Veggie Noodles (spiralized zucchini and yellow squash)....a jaw-dropping $6.99 per lb!!!!! :blink:

I'm shocked that there are folks who will buy it!!!

Insanity!!!

Yeah, but those free-range, pastured vegetables are expensive. I mean, they roam far and wide and don't take kindly to being herded. it takes several farmhands all day to wrangle enough for just one day's worth of noodle production.