• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

I have one but can't really give you a decent review. It is, in fact, still waiting to be used (after being purchased a few months ago). Got caught up in trying to figure out what to add (kansui-wise) to make fresh ramen noodles in it and never actually got around to making them. I am however fairly sure that for some people under some family circumstances, it is a decent machine. What I mean by that is if you have early teen kids and they want to have fun making their own noodles (I think it is fairly fast and foolproof) or if you want to have your own fresh noodles regularly but don't want the mess of doing all that on the counter, etc. It certainly is solidly constructed.

I decided I also need the other set of disks though - and I am worried that ramen noodles may not work that well because one cannot rest the dough between mixing and extruding. And I am fairly sure that one must follow the recipes/instructions pretty closely as the texture depends on exact measurements. For me, that may not be ideal (though at the time I bought it I thought perhaps I could mend my ways in that respect).

Will let you know if I actually use it, what I really think about it.

Deryn

Deryn

I have one but can't really give you a decent review. It is, in fact, still waiting to be used (after being purchased a few months ago). Got caught up in trying to figure out what to add (kansui-wise) to make fresh ramen noodles in it and never actually got around to making them. I am however fairly sure that for some people under some family circumstances, it is a decent machine. What I mean by that is if you have early teen kids and they want to have fun making their own noodles (I think it is fairly fast and foolproof) or if you want to have your own fresh noodles regularly but don't want the mess of doing all that on the counter, etc. It certainly is solidly constructed.

I decided I also need the other set of disks though - and I am worried that ramen noodles may not work that well because one cannot rest the dough between mixing and extruding.

Deryn

Deryn

I have one but can't really give you a decent review. It is, in fact, still waiting to be used (after being purchased a few months ago). Got caught up in trying to figure out what to add (kansui-wise) to make fresh ramen noodles in it and never actually got around to making them. I am however fairly sure that for some people under some family circumstances, it is a decent machine. It certainly is solidly constructed. I decided I also need the other set of disks though - and I am worried that ramen noodles may not work that well because one cannot rest the dough between mixing and extruding.