• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

34 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Norm, those are gorgeous!  

A long time ago when we lived in an apartment we tried to make sausage using a very cheap stuffer.  It was an awful experience.  What we got into the casing was good but we had busted casings and sausage strung all over the place.

I appreciate what you're saying. I had a iot of busted casing too. I probably threw away as much casing as I used, and clean-up was a chore.

Edit, here they are out of the smoker (after 2 hours at 225º)

DSCN3430_zpshtwranej.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

33 minutes ago, Shelby said:

A long time ago when we lived in an apartment we tried to make sausage using a very cheap stuffer.  It was an awful experience.  What we got into the casing was good but we had busted casings and sausage strung all over the place.

I appreciate what you're saying. I had a iot of busted casing too. I probably threw away as much casing as I used, and clean-up was a chore.

Edit, here they are out of the smoker (after 2 hours at 225º)

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

21 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

17 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I appreciate what you're saying. I had a iot of busted casing too. I probably threw away as much casing as I used