• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

Forbidden Rice Noodle Ramen

Lotus Foods makes a Ramen Noodle from forbidden rice ( Black Rice )--Quite different than a Shiratake ( Sp ) type noodle.

But the other day I slow cooked a Cabbage head in Beef stock and Maggi--  I used the broth to make this:

Beef Cabbage Broth/ Shitake mushrooms( Balsamic and Yashida infused )SousVide Turkey breast/Beef braised carrots/ 60C egg yolk/ pickle Jalapenos --Forbidden Rice Ramen Noodles  Coriander leaf

image.thumb.jpeg.b2f3a4e34bc2e6004be2c550e7675509.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.575ab9b50321e280c111fee4ece0a635.jpeg

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

Forbidden Rice Noodle Ramen

Lotus Foods makes a Ramen Noodle from forbidden rice ( Black Rice )--Quite different than a Shiratake ( Sp ) type noodle.

But the other day I slow cooked a Cabbage head in Beef stock and Maggi--  I used the broth to make this:

Beef Cabbage Broth/ Shitake mushrooms( Balsamic and Yashida infused )SousVide Turkey breast/Beef braised carrots/ 60C egg yolk/ pickle Jalapenos --Forbidden Rice Ramen Noodles  Coriander leaf

image.thumb.jpeg.575ab9b50321e280c111fee4ece0a635.jpeg