• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfron1

gfron1

Another angle...a typical conversation heard in almost every household every day:

Partner #1: Honey, what do you want for dinner tonight?

Partner #2: Hmm...I don't know. What do you want?

Partner #3: I guess we'll have meatloaf again.

I know in my household we hate answering that question.

You go to a restaurant because, for whatever reason, it sounds interesting to you. If its in your realm of possibilities you're either going to make it yourself or go where you know that you can get it. I'm craving injera tonight..."Nah, they won't have that." I won't bother.

gfron1

gfron1

Another angle...a typical conversation heard in almost every household every day:

Partner #1: Honey, what do you want for dinner tonight?

Partner #2: Hmm...I don't know. What do you want?

Partner #3: I guess we'll have meatloaf again.

You go to a restaurant because, for whatever reason, it sounds interesting to you. If its in your realm of possibilities you're either going to make it yourself or go where you know that you can get it. I'm craving injera tonight..."Nah, they won't have that." I won't bother.