• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

added picture of goji berries

As I mentioned, I intended using the leftover chicken from yesterday for lunch today, but a better offer came up. So, instead, I made something I don't know how to describe.

I had already started to make stock from the carcass and other parts. I took that, strained it through cheesecloth, then added the following:

56c1ae27b5e87_fulingwolfiporiaextensa.jp

Fuling (Wolfiporia extensa)

56c1adeb390b6_FoxNuts-Euryaleferox.jpg.7

Foxnuts (Euryale Ferox)

56c1ae4ee837d_hyacinthbeans.jpg.769eaca2

Hyacinth Beans

56c1aeb3cbd7a_driedlongan2.jpg.c66731e3f

Dried Longan

56c2be75414eb_gojiberries.jpg.48516098e2

Goji Berries

and garlic

All traditional Chinese soup/medicine items.

I took some dried golden oyster mushrooms and rehydrated them

56c1b1800f62e_GoldenOysterMushroomsrehyd

then added button mushrooms and the chicken meat. Seasoned with salt and chilli flakes and served it (to myself) as a kind of hotpot.

Served it with rice. The final dish didn't look pretty, but tasted just fine. And I've still got the stock for another dish!

liuzhou

liuzhou

As I mentioned, I intended using the leftover chicken from yesterday for lunch today, but a better offer came up. So, instead, I made something I don't know how to describe.

I had already started to make stock from the carcass and other parts. I took that, strained it through cheesecloth, then added the following:

Foxnuts (Euryale Ferox)

Hyacinth Beans

Dried Longan

and garlic and Goji berries which I neglected to photograph.

then added button mushrooms and the chicken meat. Seasoned with salt and chilli flakes and served it (to myself) as a kind of hotpot.

Served it with rice. The final dish didn't look pretty, but tasted just fine. And I've still got the stock for another dish!

liuzhou

liuzhou

Foxnuts (Euryale Ferox)

Hyacinth Beans

Dried Longan

liuzhou

liuzhou

I had already started to make stock from the carcase and other parts. I took that, strained it through cheesecloth, then added the following:

Foxnuts (Euryale Ferox)

Hyacinth Beans

Dried Longan

liuzhou

liuzhou

I had already started to make stock from the carcase and other parts. I took that, strained it through cheesecloth, then added the following:

Foxnuts (Euryale Ferox)

Hyacinth Beans

Dried Longan