• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

Can I keep my egg yolks longer by pasteurizing them?  They are chasing me. My family is eating way too much egg yolk pasta and still I don't always have the time to use them before I should. I normally put them in a zip lock bag, try to squeeze as much air out as possible and use within 2-3 days. Now I already have 18 yolk from 2 days ago and likely going to have more than 50 tomorrow. 

I tried the freezing adding a bit of sugar but didn't like the result. Any suggestion on how too keep them is welcome. I have tons of recipes...not always the time to execute them.

Franci

Franci

Can I keep my egg yolk longer by pasteurizing them?  They are chasing me. My family is eating way too much egg yolk pasta and still I don't always have the time to use them before I should. I normally put them in a zip lock bag try to squeeze as much air out as possible and use within 2-3 days. Now I already have 18 yolk from 2 days ago and likely going to have more than 50 tomorrow. 

I tried the freezing adding a bit of sugar but didn't like the result. Any suggestion on how too keep them is welcome. I have tons of recipes...not always the time to execute them.