• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

I definitely was referring to your feedback, @Smithy.

I made a take on @heidih's but used champagne vinegar instead of balsamic, and some Afghanistani raisins that I bought for the children who come over and have been languishing in the cupboard.  Also, toasted slivered almonds, which were also languishing.  

I thought it was really good!  I particularly enjoyed the half-roasted/half-slightly-steamed combo.  I used more than a touch of mustard, and would do that again for sure. 

IMG_3120.pdfimage.thumb.jpeg.be7bdf07df7e2832cfc75cdb9565219e.jpeg

SLB

SLB

I definitely was referring to your feedback, @Smithy.

I made a take on @heidih's but used champagne vinegar instead of balsamic, and some Afghanistani raisins that I bought for the children who come over and have been languishing in the cupboard.  Also, toasted slivered almonds, which were also languishing.  

I thought it was really good!  I used more than a touch of mustard, and would do that again for sure. 

IMG_3120.pdfimage.thumb.jpeg.be7bdf07df7e2832cfc75cdb9565219e.jpeg