• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add link

Melon, Blueberry & Feta Salad with Ginger & Mint from Diana Henry's Simple. The recipe is available online here.

IMG_8515.thumb.jpg.530f501398f449ee97291aa568a08d86.jpg
The recipe calls for 3 kinds of melon, which is a little excessive for my fridge, plus cucumber. I used pink watermelon, green Galia melon and orange Ambrosia melon and the colors do look lovely.
The dressing uses the vinegar from a jar of pickled ginger and the book photo looks like there's some of the pickled ginger itself in the salad so I added that too and it's delicious. How come I never thought to put pickled ginger in a salad?

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Melon, Blueberry & Feta Salad with Ginger & Mint from Diana Henry's Simple.

IMG_8515.thumb.jpg.530f501398f449ee97291aa568a08d86.jpg
The recipe calls for 3 kinds of melon, which is a little excessive for my fridge, plus cucumber. I used pink watermelon, green Galia melon and orange Ambrosia melon and the colors do look lovely.
The dressing uses the vinegar from a jar of pickled ginger and the book photo looks like there's some of the pickled ginger itself in the salad so I added that too and it's delicious. How come I never thought to put pickled ginger in a salad?