• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

improve description

Inspired by ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=978-03079AOCir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=030795823 (Suzanne Goin): Grilled peach salad with burrata, cumin, and toasted almonds (+ mint and plenty of sliced shallots).

This normally called for arugula which would have been an ideal choice (bitterness to counteract the sweetness of the peaches & burrata), but I had forgotten to buy some and used a lettuce & radicchio mix instead.

The dressing was a bit heavy on the cumin. Otherwise this is a super tasty salad when peaches are in season. Interestingly, the mix of cumin with mint strongly evoked shiso to me, which I actually realized is a type of mint. I wonder if that was intentional.

Peach salad with burrata, cumin, and toasted almonds

I had leftover so I had the salad again with some prosciutto (on buttered toasted baguette). A perfect lunch!

AOC-inspired: roasted peaches, burrata, mint, prosciutto, cumin dressing

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

fix amazon link

Inspired by ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=978-03079AOCir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=030795823 (Suzanne Goin): Grilled peach salad with burrata, cumin, and toasted almonds (and plenty of sliced shallots).

This normally called for arugula which would have been an ideal choice (bitterness to counteract the sweetness of the peaches & burrata), but I had forgotten to buy some and used a lettuce & radicchio mix instead.

The dressing was a bit heavy on the cumin. Otherwise this is a super tasty salad when peaches are in season. Interestingly, the mix of cumin with mint strongly evoked shiso to me, which I actually realized is a type of mint. I wonder if that was intentional.

I had leftover so I had the salad again with some prosciutto (on buttered toasted baguette). A perfect lunch!

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

fix amazon link

Inspired by ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=978-03079AOCir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=030795823(Suzanne Goin): Grilled peach salad with burrata, cumin, and toasted almonds (and plenty of sliced shallots).

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

fix amazon link

Inspired by ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=978-03079AOCir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=030795823OC O\ ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=030795823(Suzanne Goin): Grilled peach salad with burrata, cumin, and toasted almonds (and plenty of sliced shallots).

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

fix amazon link

Inspired by ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=978-03079AOC ir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=030795823(Suzanne Goin): Grilled peach salad with burrata, cumin, and toasted almonds (and plenty of sliced shallots).

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Inspired by AOCir?t=egulletcom-20&l=am2&o=1&a=978-03079 (Suzanne Goin): Grilled peach salad with burrata, cumin, and toasted almonds (and plenty of sliced shallots).