• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Dinner tonight was a simple dish of pan-roasted chicken, new potatoes and stir-fried cauliflower. I've posted such before, so won't trouble you with images of that.

But I made a little starter which I've never done before. I bought a few baby octopuses (octupi?) about the length of my thumb....

5694d8410a93e_babyoctopus2.jpg.cda72bee3

and marinated them in lemon juice and zest, Sichuan (Pixian) doubanjjiang (spicy broad bean sauce), garlic, salt and a pinch of sugar. Then briefly stir-fried the lot together. I was very happy with the results. So was my mouth.

5694d83aa9114_babyoctopus.jpg.3fe3f0f81f

liuzhou

liuzhou

Dinner tonight was a simple dish of pan-roasted chicken, new potatoes and stir-fried cauliflower. I've posted such before, so won't trouble you with images of that.

But I made a little starter which I've never done before. I bought a few baby octopuses (octupi?) ...

5694d8410a93e_babyoctopus2.jpg.cda72bee3

and marinated them in lemon juice and jest, and Sichuan (Pixian) doubanjjiang (spicy broad bean sauce), and garlic, salt and a pinch of sugar. Then briefly stir-fried the lot together. I was very happy with the results. So was my mouth.

5694d83aa9114_babyoctopus.jpg.3fe3f0f81f