• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Felt a bit off-colour today, so a very simple, light dinner. Fish ramen. 

I had a fish stock I had made yesterday from some fish scraps from the local supermarket, along with celery, carrot, ginger and shallots. This had been strained and reduced and was in the fridge. Luckily, I had a pangasius fillet in the freezer so I didn't need to go out in the rain. Defrosted that.

Into the stock went some more shallots, a mild red chilli, the cubed pangasius and some Shanghai bok choy and fresh ramen noodles. Salt and white pepper.

568fbc13a7388_pangasiusramen.jpg.b449c7d

Strawberries and cream for dessert again. It's strawberry season in China.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Felt a bit off-colour today, so a very light dinner. Fish ramen. 

I a fish stock I had made yesterday from some fish scraps from the local supermarket, along with celery, carrot, ginger and shallots. This had been strained and reduced and was in the fridge. Luckily, I had a pangasius fillet in the freezer so I didn't need to go out in the rain. Defrosted that.

Into the stock went some more shallots, a mild red chilli the cubed pangasius and some Shanghai bok choy and fresh ramen noodles. Salt and white pepper.

568fbc13a7388_pangasiusramen.jpg.b449c7d

Strawberries and cream for dessert again. It's strawberry season in China.