• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I used parts of my front yard :  one side of the driveway for the tomatoes, and the other for a salad garden.

to me it was fine.  once done, you won't regret it if you get the best sun there.

that the front yard is for The Lawn is something that developed after WWII in this country.

there was an interesting book published about this some time ago     more or less called The American Lawn

vets came home from the WW, got GI loans and small tract homes     think Levittown   and the Lawn developed  

at least that's how I remember it.

should have been the Tomato Patch.  Tastier.

rotuts

rotuts

I used parts of my front yard :  one side of the driveway for the tomatoes, and the other for a salad garden.

to me it was fine.  once done, you won't regret it if you get the best sun there.