• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

@dcarch  How many varieties of tomato are you starting? My friends think I'm crazy because I'm doing 13 kinds - this looks like more. How many plants, total? It look like you start your seeds directly in beer cups - I start (tomorrow!) in seed trays and transfer to beer cups when they have 2 sets of true leaves. Looking at your set up I'm questioning the need for the two step process. 

My major problem is that, like most little boys, our half-grown kitten loves playing in the dirt. We are still discussing ways to keep him away from the seed trays and,later, the plants.

ElainaA

ElainaA

@dcarch  How many varieties of tomato are you starting? My friends think I'm crazy because I'm doing 13 kinds - this looks like more. How many plants, total? It look like you start your seeds directly in beer cups - I start (tomorrow!) in seed trays and transfer to beer cups when they have 2 sets of true leaves. Looking at your set up I'm questioning the need for the two step process. 

My major problem is that, like most little boys, our half-grown kitten loves playing in the dirt. we are still discussing ways to keep him away from the seed trays and,later, the plants.

ElainaA

ElainaA