• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

2 hours ago, Anna N said:

@ElainaA

I read the gardening topic because I'm interested in what our members are up to but I am rarely tempted by anything I find here. The gardening gene which is rampant in my family tree managed to miss me!  But these micro greens grown indoors in a pot are calling my name. I must try to track them down.  Something green and growing however small would help to take a little dreariness out of the winter.   Thank you for sharing this.  

It's really simple - all you need are some seeds, a container ( I got a plastic one in the garden center of Walmart, intended I think, to go under a pot - all of $1.50, punched some holes in the bottom and put another shallow container under it to catch drainage) and some potting mix or seed starter. The do help relieve winter doldrums - and they taste good too. :)

Edited to add: Enjoy!

ElainaA

ElainaA

2 hours ago, Anna N said:

@ElainaA

I read the gardening topic because I'm interested in what our members are up to but I am rarely tempted by anything I find here. The gardening gene which is rampant in my family tree managed to miss me!  But these micro greens grown indoors in a pot are calling my name. I must try to track them down.  Something green and growing however small would help to take a little dreariness out of the winter.   Thank you for sharing this.  

It's really simple - all you need are some seeds, a container ( I got a plastic one in the garden center of Walmart, intended I think, to go under a pot - all of $1.50, punched some holes in the bottom and put another shallow container under it to catch drainage) and some potting mix or seed starter. The do help relieve winter doldrums - and they taste good too. :)