• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

shain, do you make those dehydrated banana chunks yourself? If not, could you post some info about the commercial product? (I'm assuming you don't mean those ubiquitous banana chips.)

I do not make them myself. They are labeled as organic bananas and I bought them in bulk. It looks something like that:

CA2400.jpg

It smells somewhat nasty and has an unpleasantly chewy texture. But once saoked in water, they are delicious, very sweet and raisin like, with mild banana flavor.

I do however have a soft spot for banana chips :) 

shain

shain

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

shain, do you make those dehydrated banana chunks yourself? If not, could you post some info about the commercial product? (I'm assuming you don't mean those ubiquitous banana chips.)

I do not make them myself. They are labeled as organic bananas and I bought them in bulk. It looks something like that:
CA2400.jpg

It smells somewhat nasty and has an unpleasantly chewy texture. But once saoked in water, they are delicious, very sweet and raisin like, with mild banana flavor.

shain

shain

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

CA2400.jpg