• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

IndyRob

IndyRob

17 hours ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

I completely love reading Kenji's work, but have had some disappointing results from some of his recipes.

I agree.  I really do like him, but I think sometimes he solves the problem for himself and doesn't go through the repeatability stuff that might've been expected at ATK.  I was excited to learn of his 2-minute mayo technique, but like quite a few of his commenters, I had about a 50% failure rate.  I eventually figured it out and wanted to post my findings on his site, but they shut down comments after a certain amount of time.  Anyway, it turns out he was right, it does work,  but it's not as foolproof as he made it out to be.

IndyRob

IndyRob

16 hours ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

I completely love reading Kenji's work, but have had some disappointing results from some of his recipes.

I agree.  I really do like him, but I think sometimes he solves the problem for himself and doesn't go through the repeatability stuffthat might've been expected at ATK.  I was excited to learn of his 2-minute mayo technique, but like quite a few of his commenters, I had about a 50% failure rate.  I eventually figured it out and wanted to post my findings on his site, but they shut down comments after a certain amount of time.  Anyway, it turns out he was right, it does work,  but it's not as foolproof as he made it out to be.