• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

KennethT

KennethT

spelling

I just noticed this morning that my dwarf lime tree has about 15 full sized limes that are ripe and ready to go.  They're adding so much weight, the tree wants to tip out of its pot!  They'll stay ripe on the tree for a long time, but I've got even more that will be ripe in a few weeks, and flowers blooming for  even more...

I usually do a fruit or cucumber based som tum once a week, so that will use 1 lime, but any more ideas for how to use the rest?  Unfortunately, I can't really drink too  much alcohol right now, so mohitos, et al, are out, and I am also trying to avoid having too much sugar, so limeade is out too!  What's challenge without constraints!

20160109_105409.thumb.jpg.4247831f24fcb3

KennethT

KennethT

I just noticed this morning that my dwarf lime tree has about 15 full sized limes that are ripe and ready to go.  They're adding so much weight, the tree wants to tip out of its pot!  They'll stay ripe on the tree for a long time, but I've got even more than will be ripe in a few weeks, and flowers blooming for  even more...

I usually do a fruit or cucumber based som tum once a week, so that will use 1 lime, but any more ideas for how to use the rest?  Unfortunately, I can't really drink too  much alcohol right now, so mohitos, et al, are out, and I am also trying to avoid having too much sugar, so limeade is out too!  What's challenge without constraints!

20160109_105409.thumb.jpg.4247831f24fcb3