• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

Barney - Not much I can say to that theory of yours except a) you may want to be careful about using politics to describe anything here on this forum and b) did you know that foods that contain oils (particularly foods like cake or biscuit mixes for instance) can be rancid even if you cannot taste or smell rancidity when you eat them? That (b) may sound a bit odd to say when the topic is yeast - wild and commercial - but, my point is that just because you cannot see or (yet) taste them (wild yeasts), how can you be certain they are not there?

Deryn

Deryn

Barney - Not much I can say to that theory of yours except a) you may want to be careful about using politics to describe anything here on this forum and b) did you know that foods can be rancid even if you cannot taste rancidity when you eat them? That (b) may sound a bit odd to say when the topic is yeast - wild and commercial - but, my point is that just because you cannot see or (yet) taste them (wild yeasts), how can you be certain they are not there?