• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I wanted to get over my hankering for a couple of HotDogs

I wanted a dog that was juicy with some snap.  understanding snap  ( natural casing 0 was more or less out of the question I

stuck with TJ's as I did not want this to become a Wild Goose Chase

Mis :

TJD's 1.jpg

everything caae from Tj's. a +.  no dogs at Tj's with any pork in them  ; plenty of chicken dogs, turkey dogs, maybe even tofu dogs somewhere

TJD's 2.jpg

dogs micro'd then a bit of Propane Char.  buns micro's just a bit to get soft and steamy.

these dogs are though and on the dry side.  maybe little fat in them ?   the mustard was not very spicy  

TJ's Dejon has a lot more zip than this.  Onion nice.  Bun was the type of bun called for.

the only good news is that i now don't have to hanker for a couple of dogs for a long long time.

6 more to go !   I won't take the dogs back because i should have known better.

rotuts

rotuts

I wanted to get over my hankering for a couple of HotDogs

I wanted a dog that was juicy with some snap.  understanding snap  ( natural casing 0 was more or less out of the question I

stuck with TJ's as I did not want this to become a Wild Goose Chase

Mis :

TJD's 1.jpg

everything caae from Tj's. a +.  no dogs at Tj's with any pork in them  ; plenty of chicken dogs, turkey dogs, maybe even tofu dogs somewhere

TJD's 2.jpg

dogs micro'd then a bit of Propane Char.  buns micro's just a bit to get soft and steamy.

these dogs are though and on the dry side.  maybe little fat in them ?   the mustard was not very spicy  

TJ's Dejon has a lot more zip than this.  Onion nice.  Bun was the type of bun called for.

the only good news is that i now don't have to hanker for a couple of dogs for a long long time.