• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

I review stuff for Amazon, including appliances and I recently received one of these Vestaware  toasters and was very impressed with it.  Very reasonable price.

I have loads of toasters, having collected vintage ones for 40 years as well as a few unusual more recent models.

I currently use a Magimix see-through which only has one long slot and was very expensive but I had a gift card.

The Vestaware toasts more evenly than the one that cost 5 times as much.  It has the BEST Defrost that I have ever found.

The slots are extra wide and a fat bagel sliced in half will fit, as will double wide bread slices.  I even stuck a smallish frozen croissant in it and it fit - one of the Costco 3/4 size.  It's easy to clean.  

They have a 1 year refund or replace warranty.  

P.S. I also used one of the toaster bags with a grilled cheese sandwich and it worked perfectly.

andiesenji

andiesenji

I review stuff for Amazon, including appliances and I recently received one of these Vestaware  toasters and was very impressed with it.  Very reasonable price.

I have loads of toasters, having collected vintage ones for 40 years as well as a few unusual more recent models.

I currently use a Magimix see-through which only has one long slot and was very expensive but I had a gift card.

The Vestaware toasts more evenly than the one that cost 5 times as much.  It has the BEST Defrost that I have ever found.

The slots are extra wide and a fat bagel sliced in half will fit, as will double wide bread slices.  I even stuck a smallish frozen croissant in it and it fit - one of the Costco 3/4 size.  It's easy to clean.  

They have a 1 year refund or replace warranty.