• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

I actually can deal with certain aforementioned vegetables in their raw state, but thusly:

Fresh (not 2 week old) asparagus, peeled (and of course the bottom half of asparagus ought be peeled), sliced super thin diagonally, dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, s & p, and topped with shavings of real pecorino Romano.

Ditto for the stems of young broccoli, albeit not the florets.

And please, keep your stringy celery...and its alleged fibrous benefits! Peeled and sliced thinly on the diagonal, however, it makes a fantastic, classic Sicilian salad topped with bottarga.

ETA: I mean Sardinian! 

Another classic Sardinian dish is celery hearts cut very thin on a mandoline with just a little olive oil and the thinly sliced bottarga on top. "That's it!" he says. "It's the best way to respect the bottarga."

weinoo

weinoo

I actually can deal with certain aforementioned vegetables in their raw state, but thusly:

Fresh (not 2 week old) asparagus, peeled (and of course the bottom half of asparagus ought be peeled), sliced super thin diagonally, dressed with olive oil, lemon juice, s & p, and topped with shavings of real pecorino Romano.

And please, keep your stringy celery...and its alleged fibrous benefits! Peeled and sliced thinly on the diagonal, however, it makes a fantastic, classic Sicilian salad topped with bottarga.

weinoo

weinoo

And please, keep your stringy celery...and its alleged fibrous benefits!