• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

Here's one of a set of one of the most wonderful food-related gifts I have ever been given.  A friend from Delaware brought these mesh food savers as a gift during one of the many Dog Weekends we put on in a former life.  So many women have asked me about them and could I get them a set...there are three of this size, two larger and one huge elongate oval one.  I asked my friend in Delaware but she said she never saw them again.  Alas....

This summer has been amazingly free of fruit flies and I haven't actually used them for the first time since I got them.  Then this week, Ed brought the apple remains from making apple cider in the cellar up into the kitchen and left them there for a short time which is all it took for 6,000,000 of the little you-know-what's to appear and now I had a fight on my hands.  Out came the mesh fruit covers.  (Wow!  Looking for the appropriate name to call them and found the Lee Valley website which carries them.  mesh fruit covers )

DSC04028.thumb.JPG.f87bfa6abab2fbeeb33edb31f2b7436e.JPG

Darienne

Darienne

Here's one of a set of one of the most wonderful food-related gifts I have ever been given.  A friend from Delaware brought these mesh food savers as a gift during one of the many Dog Weekends we put on in a former life.  So many women have asked me about them and could I get them a set...there are three of this size, two larger and one huge elongate oval one.  I asked my friend in Delaware but she said she never saw them again.  Alas....

This summer has been amazingly free of fruit flies and I haven't actually used them for the first time since I got them.  Then this week, Ed brought the apple remains from making apple cider in the cellar up into the kitchen and left them there for a short time which is all it took for 6,000,000 of the little you-know-what's to appear and now I had a fight on my hands.  Out came the mesh fruit covers.  (Wow!  Looking for the appropriate name to call them and found the Amazon website which carries them.  mesh fruit covers )

DSC04028.thumb.JPG.f87bfa6abab2fbeeb33edb31f2b7436e.JPG