• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

On 11/20/2016 at 1:57 PM, Tri2Cook said:

Sounds tasty, might have to give sage/onion/parmesan a try myself. I'm liking the texture of this for a quick bread. I'm able to slice it ridiculously thin without it crumbling or breaking.

I have to say that the sage might not be the very best choice.  I do love it in the roasted onions that I used for the recipe and I didn't want to add yet another flavor.  I've enjoyed the bread but it makes me think of turkey stuffing a bit more more than I would like.  Maybe it's the season :D!

Edited to add:  maybe I should try it with a bit of cranberry sauce on top to complete the effect!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

On 11/20/2016 at 1:57 PM, Tri2Cook said:

Sounds tasty, might have to give sage/onion/parmesan a try myself. I'm liking the texture of this for a quick bread. I'm able to slice it ridiculously thin without it crumbling or breaking.

I have to say that the sage might not be the very best choice.  I do love it in the roasted onions that I used for the recipe and I didn't want to add yet another flavor.  I've enjoyed the bread but it makes me think of turkey stuffing a bit more more than I would like.  Maybe it's the season :D!