• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Can I freeze carrot juice?

cyalexa

I have a big jug of organic carrot juice. I need 2 cups for caramelized carrot soup. Can I freeze the rest? I would have to triple the soup recipe to use all the juice and freeze the soup. Can I get proper browning on 3lbs of carrots cooked at once?  To brown and deglaze repeatedly seems cumbersome but I would do it if necessary.  BTW, I have the 8L Fagor Duo pressure cooker and I'm using the F&W adaptation of the MC recipe,  http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/caramelized-carrot-soup

I've never tried freezing carrot juice, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work.  I don't think it's enough of an emulsion (like cream) that there's anything to separate when it thaws.

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown