• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Making Pizza Dough with a Food Processor vs. a Stand Mixer

I recently made the Neapolitan Pizza dough recipe. I only have an old cuisinart food processor and followed the directions for using a stand mixer and used my dough blade attachment. For the first duration of 'kneading' the dough seemed perfect and pulled away from the sides. Then I waited for the 5 minute interval and 'kneaded' again for the time given. It ended up a gooey mess and killed the motor on my cuisinart. Is there a rule of thumb for time to knead using a stand mixer with a dough hook vs. using a Food Processor (with only one speed BTW) ? Also on the market for a new Food Processor if you care to comment on your faves. I am eyeing the Breville Sous Chef. TIA!sf-kiss.gif