• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

36 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

Is that the "Sally's Coconut Macaroons"? My favorite macaroons recipe for many years now has been Anna Olson's from her show "Sugar" They're my idea of coconut macaroon perfection but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to try others if they come with a good recommendation.

*Anna also did a variation on them in which she dropped the almond extract and replaced the 1/4 cup of flour with an equal amount of cocoa. Those are tasty too but I prefer the non-chocolate version.

Totally with you - I use the Sugar version with some slight adaptations to make them easier to handle. Like not turning the oven on before you put the dough together and then baking them the next day! And I cook the dough in the microwave.

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

2 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

Is that the "Sally's Coconut Macaroons"? My favorite macaroons recipe for many years now has been Anna Olson's from her show "Sugar" They're my idea of coconut macaroon perfection but that doesn't mean I'm not willing to try others if they come with a good recommendation.

*Anna also did a variation on them in which she dropped the almond extract and replaced the 1/4 cup of flour with an equal amount of cocoa. Those are tasty too but I prefer the non-chocolate version.

Totally with you - I use the Sugar version with some slight adaptations to make them easier to handle. Like not turning the oven on before you put the dough together and then baking them the next day!