• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Spot Prawn Roe?

Paul Bacino

Picked up some nice spot prawns for the midwest boy!!  Catalina Offshore Products  (  very nice I must say ) getting them to me!!

And the Mother of all prawns has some nice roe attached..

Little help, please?  Time is short..

Thoughts

Its good to have Morels

The only time I used local Santa Barbara spot prawns they all had a ton of bright roe. As I recall we left it attached. Sauteed them in olive oil with a good amount of garlic and some roasted tomatoes (they were roasted with lots of fresh herbs). Added them to skillet as is - no peeling or cleaning or deheading. Lots of good bread for sopping up the juices. Messy and delicious.

Spot prawns are awesome raw - as sashimi or sushi - you can take off the heads and deep fry them - they are crunchy and delicious.

Here is a video from our friend Catalina OP discussing the prawn roe...

Edited by KennethT (log)

2014-03-07 19.43.50.jpg

This is  what I call  ..from a seafood aspect.. " A Mother and her Babies"

Yukon Potato.. shrimp bisque gravy..ROE

will a grilled spot prawn!!

Edited by Paul Bacino (log)
  • Like 1

Its good to have Morels