• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Polyscience Rear Flow Switch: What's It Used For?

Bill Rothe

Just got a Polyscience Sous Vide Professional Unit, and every recipe I see says the same thing.

"Turn the Rear Flow Switch to OFF"

The documentation only mentions the flow switches briefly and doesn't cover their use (other than the obvious turn the flow on, limited, or off).

Any idea why you have a rear flow switch if all you ever seem to use it for is to turn if off?

I'm confused.

Thx in advance.

-bill.

I got to wondering about this, so I wrote to them. This is what they had to say:

"For culinary use the rear slide control panel should always be closed for any and every application.

There are other applications for laboratory use in which they use tubing in those control panels which is why it is there."