• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sweet Maria's Ethiopiques Blend: new to me and pretty nice

rotuts

I dont think there are many Home Roasters here at eG.

but i thought id mention Sweet Maria's Ethiopiques Blend just in case as its so good.

I did a resupply of green beans recently and had 'room' in the shipment to add some of SM's

blends ( espresso-ish ) to get to the 20 lbs fixed shipping cost, which is very attractive.

now that I SV, I vacuum bag in a long roll various components I get, trimming that bag and reusing it for what's left in the bag until the next trim: One bag for whatever amount i put in that bag. 5 lbs and up. this give me the ( illusion perhaps ) sense the green bean stay fresher.

Ive tried all the SM espresso blends but not the Experimental ones, as shipping costs would be expensive and what would i do If I loved it and it was no longer made? :huh:

the Sweet Maria's Ethiopiques Blend is an experimental blend they decided to keep offering.

my point is that i really loved it. if you roast for espresso consider it. I have not roasted it for drip yet.

it does not have Dry Processed Brazilian so the crema is limited but I plan to add it to a regular rotation is was so good.

scroll down this page to read about it:

http://www.sweetmarias.com/coffee/other/blends?source=side

Edited by rotuts (log)

Thanks for posting your comments. Sweet Maria's is a local outfit, and we sometimes grab one or another of their beans. However, a close friend is very much a Sweet Maria's customer, and I passed along your information to her. I'd be interested in getting her opinion on the blend.

... Shel

Ive been to there 'outlet' several times while in the bay area. met 'maria' and tom

nicer people ive never met. Im very pleased their business is such a success. everything from them you can count on.

and they employ people from Oakland and are said treat every one well.

they also had two 100 % pure bread Oakland Pound Dogs, who took a shine to me. which Maria said was exceptional.

if your Buds roast this blend Id be very interested in their opinion. you of course need to get them to 'sign up'

if your Buds roast this blend Id be very interested in their opinion. you of course need to get them to 'sign up'

She roasts a lot of SM's coffee, and I know she's roasted some of their Ethiopian blends. I'll let you know what she says, and, if I can, I'll taste some the next time I'm at her home.

... Shel