• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

I will never again leave a pot on the stove without checking it frequently.

We moved and the new spiffy JennAir gas stove is more powerful than my old Wolf and the controls are difficult to read.  Today I burnt a pot of gently simmering marinade.  It was black and the oil just starting to smoke.  I had my fan on full so did not smell it.  Then last week I burnt 1 1/2 cups of finely chopped onions.  We are talking black.  Such a waste of time.🤕

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

I will never again leave a pot on the stove without checking it frequently.

We moved and the new spiffy JennAir gas stove is more powerful than my old Wolf and the controls are difficult to read.  Today I burnt a pot of gently simmering marinade.  It was black and the oil just starting to smoke.  I had my fan on full so did not smell it.  The last week I burnt 1 1/2 cups of finely chopped onions.  We are talking black.  Such a waste of time.🤕