• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

@liuzhou20211014_112120.thumb.jpg.e2e4a2bbb456a3447f9b5db4dff3d880.jpg20211014_112131.thumb.jpg.09ea373e1a01e481cfee3a0af6df71fa.jpg20211014_112138.thumb.jpg.88485d5b136e10e1b43f29628a8b7b1a.jpg

About a hundred meters from my house is a Chinese grocery store. Unfortunately it is not a store with Chinese products but a typical Tico grocery store owned by the Chinese. When I was in there the other day I was delighted to find that they had finally put in a section with some Chinese products. Mostly canned soft drinks and candies with a few condiments. Among these was this bottle of what is supposed to be according to the translation label that the Costa Rican government puts on, rice wine. Since their labels are often wrong, I thought that I would get your opinion on it. Is it really rice wine and is it any good at all.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

About a hundred meters from my house is a Chinese grocery store. Unfortunately it is not a store with Chinese products but a typical Tico grocery store owned by the Chinese. When I was in there the other day I was delighted to find that they had finally put in a section with some Chinese products. Mostly canned soft drinks and candies with a few condiments. Among these was this bottle of what is supposed to be according to the translation label that the Costa Rican government puts on, rice wine. Since their labels are often wrong, I thought that I would get your opinion on it. Is it really rice wine and is it any good at all.