• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

On 12/1/2018 at 11:31 PM, Thanks for the Crepes said:

Yes,

I have an e-mail from Instacart offering delivery from Aldi here in Cary too! I'm probablly going to venture it soon. I just wish they would start offering Trader Joe's. Now that would be absolutely perfect, but I will settle for exploring what I can get from Aldi for now. I have never set foot in a brick and mortar Aldi's, so this will be interesting at the very least.

Unfortunately, Trader Joes shut down Instacart from being accessible.  This happened a while ago. 

Currently in Northern NJ, I can get Wegmans’s, Acme, Kings, CVS, Aldi’s (despite never having been to one— the new store is 8 miles away and inconvenient) and Costco. I almost exclusively use Wegmans as it’s a bitch to get to. Kings is very close to me. Wegmans also is the only establishment to consistently offer both pictures of the products and their ingredients and cooking instructions. 

I paid the $139 ( I think that was the cost) for the “free” annual delivery. It doesn’t eliminate all the fees. That said, it’s available where we vacation for two weeks and that was definitely appreciated. 

I find if you have a cellphone and keep on top of the app, you can get whatever you want in terms of substitutions and/ or last minute requests. Which I find super helpful. I probably wouldn’t use the service without a cell phone or at least an iPad but to be fair, I keep my iPhone within reaching distance 24/7.  

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

On 12/1/2018 at 11:31 PM, Thanks for the Crepes said:

Yes,

I have an e-mail from Instacart offering delivery from Aldi here in Cary too! I'm probablly going to venture it soon. I just wish they would start offering Trader Joe's. Now that would be absolutely perfect, but I will settle for exploring what I can get from Aldi for now. I have never set foot in a brick and mortar Aldi's, so this will be interesting at the very least.

Unfortunately, Trader shoes shut down Instacart from being accessible.  This happened a while ago. 

Currently in Northern NJ, I can get Wegmans’s, Acme, Kings, CVS, Aldi’s (despite never having been to one— the new store is 8 miles away and inconvenient) and Costco. I almost exclusively use Wegmans as it’s a bitch to get to. Kings is very close to me. Wegmans also is the only establishment to consistently offer both pictures of the products and their ingredients and cooking instructions. 

I paid the $139 ( I think that was the cost) for the “free” annual delivery. It doesn’t eliminate all the fees. That said, it’s available where we vacation for two weeks and that was definitely appreciated. 

I find if you have a cellphone and keep on top of the app, you can get whatever you want in terms of substitutions and/ or last minute requests. Which I find super helpful. I probably wouldn’t use the service without a cell phone or at least an iPad but to be fair, I keep my iPhone within reaching distance 24/7.