• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dining along the Taconic

ewindels

I'm headed upstate the weekend of August 9 for an annual trip to the Berkshires, driving up on a Friday night after work. In the past we've stopped at the Daily Planet diner in LaGrange, if only because it's close to the parkway and therefore convenient, but we have all tired of this option and are interested in something better. Hudson is an option but it's 20 minutes off the parkway and at the very end of our trip: something slightly more mid-route would be preferred. I'm personally campaigning for good wine. And not too expensive...

Any and all suggestions welcome!

Food, glorious food!

“Eat! Eat! May you be destroyed if you don’t eat! What sin have I committed that God should punish me with you! Eat! What will become of you if you don’t eat! Imp of darkness, may you sink 10 fathoms into the earth if you don’t eat! Eat!” (A. Kazin)