• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 27/03/2016 at 3:04 AM, Anna N said:

Never very photogenic but very tasty… Anthony Bourdain's mushroom soup with a side of homemade bread.  

I'm sure it was very tasty. I find all soups difficult to photograph, but especially mushroom soup. It always seems to look like a muddy pond!

This one looks no better, but also tasted just fine. It is a leek and potato soup with a load of white pepper. I half blitzed it with the hand blender leaving some solid bits for texture. Finished it off with some Chinese chives just to make it look less like sludge.

soup.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 27/03/2016 at 3:04 AM, Anna N said:

Never very photogenic but very tasty… Anthony Bourdain's mushroom soup with a side of homemade bread.  

I'm sure it was very tasty. I find all soups difficult to photograph, but especially mushroom soup. It always seems to look like a muddy pond!

This one looks no better, but also tasted just fine. It is a leek and potato soup with a load of white pepper. I have blitzed it with the hand blender leaving some solid bits for texture. Finished it off with some Chinese chives just to make it look less like sludge.

soup.jpg