• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

to correct onion amount

2 hours ago, Darienne said:

You know, I've never even made tomato soup...    Seems incredible, doesn't it?

Could either liamsaunt or some other eGer point me to a favorite recipe please. 

I'm not @liamsaunt, but I really like making a slightly spicy tomato soup. I sauté diced celery (1 stalk), onion (one small or half of one), carrot (optional but a small one) in a bit of olive oil. Once softened, I add a 28 oz can of good quality whole tomatoes and the same amount of chicken stock or more, depending on how tomato-ey I want it. Sprinkle in some hot red pepper flakes to taste and any other spices/herbs/garlic you may wish (I like to add a sprinkle of Costco's Kirkland brand Organic No-Salt Seasoning blend. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes and then use an immersion blender to smooth it out. 

FauxPas

FauxPas

1 hour ago, Darienne said:

You know, I've never even made tomato soup...    Seems incredible, doesn't it?

Could either liamsaunt or some other eGer point me to a favorite recipe please. 

I'm not @liamsaunt, but I really like making a slightly spicy tomato soup. I sauté diced celery (1 stalk), onion (one small), carrot (optional but a small one) in a bit of olive oil. Once softened, I add a 28 oz can of good quality whole tomatoes and the same amount of chicken stock or more, depending on how tomato-ey I want it. Sprinkle in some hot red pepper flakes to taste and any other spices/herbs/garlic you may wish (I like to add a sprinkle of Costco's Kirkland brand Organic No-Salt Seasoning blend. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes and then use an immersion blender to smooth it out.