• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

Spicy "orange soup" - butternut, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots - all roasted until caramelized and rich. Parsley root, onion, ginger and garlic - sauteed. Thyme, cinnamon, fennel seeds, chili, parsley. Blended smooth. Topped with savory-sweet and cinnamony granola, pumpkin seeds, sour cream and some paprika for color.

20161218_202847.jpg

I usually top this soup with only those seeds in order to hint of the pumpkin & squash used in it (and because it's crunchy and tasty)
I love to add those seeds to granola, and considering the cinnamon in the soup, topping it with crispy granola seemed quite right

shain

shain

Spicy "orange soup" - butternut, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots - all roasted until caramelized and rich. Parsley root, onion, ginger and garlic - sauteed. Thyme, cinnamon, fennel seeds, chili, parsley. Blended  smooth. Topped with savory-sweet cinnamony granola, pumpkin seeds, sour cream and some paprika for color.

20161218_202847.jpg

I usually top this soup with only those seeds in order to hint of the pumpkin & squash used in it (and because it's crunchy and tasty)
I love to add those seeds to granola, and considering the cinnamon in the soup, topping it with crispy granola seemed quite right

shain

shain

Spicy "orange soup" - butternut, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots - all roasted until caramelized and rich. Parsley root, onion, ginger and garlic - sauteed. Thyme, cinnamon, fennel seeds, chili, parsley. Blended  smooth. Topped with savory-sweet cinnamony granola, pumpkin seeds, sour cream and some paprika for color.

20161218_202847.jpg

I love to add those seeds to granola, and considering the cinnamon in the soup, topping it with crispy granola seemed only fit