• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

minas6907

minas6907

2 hours ago, EllaCh said:

Minas6907, you should be. Your chocolates look beautiful. May I ask what you think of Savour School? Do you find their online videos good?

Thank you very much! I think the videos definitely are good, although I was expecting a tiny bit more on the sugar confections side, but its fine. Its not bad to just try out for a month, the price comes to about $9.00 usd, and I know I've spent alot more then that on useless kitchen items. One motivating factor was that I've been wanting to make a glazed entremet cake, nothing too complicated, just a simple cake. The Savour School videos seemed like a solid reference to turn to, since I'm not familiar with the cakes, mousses, or molds used, I figured it would help me to see the process done properly.

minas6907

minas6907

2 hours ago, EllaCh said:

Minas6907, you should be. Your chocolates look beautiful. May I ask what you think of Savour School? Do you find their online videos good?

Thank you very much! I think the videos definitely are good, although I was expecting a tiny bit more on the sugar confections side, but its fine. Its not bad to just try out for a month, the price comes to about $9.00 usd, and I know I've spent alot more then that on useless kitchen items. One motivating factor was that I've been wanting to make a glazed entremet cake, nothing too complicated, just a simple cake. The Savour School videos seemed like a solid reference to turn to.