• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Multiple typos or whatever the name is for badly transcribed dictation.

3 hours ago, ElsieD said:

Do any of you use the pre-sets? 

I was about to answer and say that there were no presets on mine! That gives you an idea of how often I use them. I have had lovely roasted potatoes from my air fryer. It is theb larger one so perhaps that is the difference. I have also done them in a small non-stick pan which fits into the air fryer and that seems to work really well. I consider crispy sweet potato fries a figment of somebody’s imagination. 
I buy PC brand Chicken Kiev and find that 380°F for 18 minutes to work perfectly every time. One of those and a side salad makes a fine meal for me. 
I also happen to think that the air fryer is the easiest way ever to guarantee perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs. 

Anna N

Anna N

2 hours ago, ElsieD said:

Do any of you use the pre-sets? 

I was about to answer and say that there were no presets online! That gives you an idea of how often I use them. I have had lovely roasted potatoes from my air fryer. It is larger one so perhaps that is the difference. I am also don’t know in a small stick pan which fits into the air fryer and that seems to work really well. I consider crispy sweet potato fries a figment of somebody’s imagination. 
I buy PC brand Chicken Kiev and find that 380°F for 18 minutes to work perfectly every time. One of those and a side salad makes a fine meal for me. 
I also happen to think that the air fryer is the easiest way ever to guarantee perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs.